Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wow, it's been a while.

Unfortunately, I haven't been doing any stitching. I've been focusing on Son #1's Arrow of Light ceremony, his school report, his upcoming band contest, and his Science Fair Part 2, and Son #2's been feeling neglected, so I've been giving him lots of attention, too.

It's finally nice and sunny here, for a few days, anyway, but this was the scene after a recent windstorm:

That's my next-door neighbor's house. The amazing thing is that before this storm, we had had an even stronger windstorm, supposedly with gusts up to 100 mph. Definitely up to 75 mph. Anyway, this siding had survived that, but I guess it was weakened. Our house didn't have any damage like that, although the previous storm did slightly detach our raingutter downspout, which we do need to fix that. But most of our neighbors are having siding and roofs replaced, so we were lucky.

I finally got my earring hanger hung up:

And a longer view:

I've determined that I need a second one. I've found that this will hold dangly earrings with posts, but I need something else to hold my studs. I'm thinking of tacking some needlepoint canvas to a smaller frame that I can set on a shelf. Hanging it on the wall would be a pain. You may also be able to see that there are no necklaces dangling from the center of this frame. That is because the hook never "grabbed" the hole. I will apply some wood glue and see if that works.

My next project of this type will be to put alligator clips on some flowers for my hair. These flowers came on rubber bands, and I'm thinking that that's pretty un-flexible. The way I'm least likely to wear my hair is in a ponytail, and it isn't long enough anyway. I already went shopping for some alligator clips. Wal-Mart didn't have any, so I looked at Home Depot. I had to ask one of their employees, which is always an adventure, and he seemed to know that I was planning to use them for some craft project, because he warned me that they came with plastic ends because they were intended for electrical use. Well, those plastic ends come off, so there, lol. If I get a chance, I may try to look in an actual craft store, but there aren't any near me.

Now I'm hoping to go watch some "Lovejoy Mysteries" and get some stitching done!

1 comment:

shiguy4076 said...

Your earring hanger looks good. You have so many pairs. I really like it.

Shi