Thursday, February 14, 2008

Feng Shui My Way

Okay, husband is bothered with current path of career. So, Happy Valentine's Day -- I will try to fix the main areas of our home.

The career area of the home is the front hall and entry way, which is recessed (missing or shrunken). Upper story is empty balcony hallway which is almost decluttered.

Step 1: Remove all clutter. There is not that much, but there are 2 large winter squashes just sitting there. I haven't gotten around to cooking them, or even lifting them. Some books, a yarn ball... Remove snowflake wreath from door - let it be bare for awhile, unless I find Valentine's wreath in garage. Or St. Patrick's Day wreath.

Step 2: Put mirror over piano, which will expand career area. Remove toolbox from area - implies things need fixin.'

Step 3: Hand something on wall which will look good, be positive, and inspiring. Hmmm.

But also the "Fame" or "Future" area of the home needs work. Two of our fireplaces are in the fame or future area.

Step 1: Clean off fireplace mantles so they can breath.

Step 2: Declutter and vacuum hearths.

Step 3: Put 2 oil lamps (pretty yet prepared) on mantle of upstairs family room, representing fire (or is it too much fire near a fireplace?).

Step 4: Put inspirational sayings or poster or picture over fireplace. We only have elephants. Pictures of elephants, statues of elephants. I wonder what the elephant represents. I guess to me, the trudging along of a big awkward cumbersome beast. Hmmmmm.

I'll let you know if this "cures" anything.

1 comment:

shiguy4076 said...

You inspired me to start orgainizing my cupboard in teh kitchen where everything goes. Good luck today
shi