Monday, February 11, 2008

Ritz-Parmesan Chicken

I haven't been able to stitch the past few days, except for putting the numbers on son#1's Scout uniform. Between illness and organ lessons and a science fair project and one son's oral report due tomorrow and the other's due in a couple of weeks, I've been pulled in all directions. In the middle of that, his Scout leader tells me that the numbers must be on his shirt by today's meeting. So this is the only needlework I've done:

Unlike decorative needlework, I can't sew at all. This looks like two different people did it. Toward the end, I finally started to get it, and you can (maybe) see that the stitches even out. I didn't even bother to sew between the letters. As for the giant knot, I don't even know where that came from. But it's done.

However, I did make a nice dinner of Ritz-Parmesan Chicken and brown rice salad.

1 tube Ritz crackers

½ C parmesan cheese

½ Tbsp garlic salt

1 pint sour cream

4 chicken breasts (actually, I used a pound of chicken tenders)

1 stick melted butter

Combine crackers (crushed), cheese and garlic salt. Dip chicken breasts in sour cream and coat with the cracker mix. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and drizzle the melted butter over the top. Bake at 350’F for 35 minutes, or until chicken is done. Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top.

The recipe came from a neighbor. It's very yummy, and the rice salad came from Fanny Farmer, although I did add bacon to that. I'm trying to find more fun and somewhat healthy foods for the family to eat. In fact, that's another project that's been keeping me busy: I finally got my recipes organized. I just got so tired of looking at that pile of papers.

Tomorrow is the science fair and my needlework group meeting, and I hope to get to more stitching after that.

1 comment:

shiguy4076 said...

You are busy. I'm going to have to try that recipe. It looks kind of like the one I make but it's a little different.
Shi