Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Jane Austen and the Summer Queen

I didn't have much time to stitch today, but I did manage to get started on Summer Queen's face. And it turned out that I had previously solved the thread problem. The pattern calls for, from darkest to lightest, DMC 758, 754, 948 and 948 + white. Of course, the problem was that I can't blend two threads in a needle if I'm only using one thread. So, I kept the three DMC colors and added 3771, which is just darker than 948. So the skin may be the slightest bit darker than the original but I think it will work well.

I generally watch TV while I stitch, usually something on the DVR. Today I started with the Waltons, but realized that the constant commercial skipping was breaking my focus. That is, I'd be concentrating on these tiny little stitches and then have to look up and then look down again and try to figure out where I was. So instead, I'm finally getting around to watching The Complete Jane Austen from PBS--no commercials, yay! I started with "Jane Austen Regrets."

Son #1's science project is finally winding down, so I'm hoping things will slow down and I'll get more stitching done and have more things to report soon.

2 comments:

shiguy4076 said...

Your needle work sounds confusing. I can't wait to see it.
Don't you love the Jane Austin series on PBS. I'm in love with the New MR. Rodchester. Did you know that the actors mother is Maggie Smith(Prof. Mongonagol) Cool
Shi

zelda said...

I'm actually trying to write some of the thinking that goes into in and some of the problems that need to be solved, and make it *less* confusing, lol.