Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July Heart

July's Tatted Heart is called "Peacock Heart" and it's by Birgit's Tatting. Once again, I got the pattern from the internet and it is no longer there, so I can't post the link.

Peacock Heart was a lot of fun and quite easy--it was my favorite heart to do so far. Mostly chains, but I also got to practice shuttle joins again, as well as making consistent picots.

I actually finished this Saturday and Sunday and then moved on back to my ornament:


Since then I've progressed a bit:


Of course, that doesn't show the knot that formed just as I set it down:


Usually these are very easy to just "flick" out of the thread, but sometimes there's a sort of double knot that actually tightens when I flick it. Sigh. I'll have to get out the super-magnifying glasses and tiny pin to pick it out.

2 comments:

shiguy4076 said...

Wow amazing. You are so quick with your tatting. I like the different colors in the heart.

shiguy4076 said...

Wow pretty! I like the different colors in the heart. You're really fast at your tatting.