Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's Christmas Time!

That is, it's time to get ready for Christmas. Actually, I should have started a month ago. Recipients of the Christmas Angels (free patterns! at www.tiag.com) know that I routinely don't finish them till several months after Christmas. In fact, I did try to start on them over a month ago, going through my stash and ordering thread and fabric. Unfortunately, the fabric I ordered is on back-order, so that was put on hold. When I go up to Shepherd's Bush tomorrow, I may see if I can get some fabric there. Then when my ordered fabric comes, I can add it to my ever-expanding stash.

But that's not why it's Christmas Time! I received my much-anticipated Just Cross Stitch 2008 Ornament Issue yesterday. I make every effort every year to get my hands on this--it always sells out at my regular shops. I've taken to ordering it online just to be sure. Even though I don't buy the regular monthly magazine (sorry, JCS, it just doesn't suit my taste), I recommend getting the ornament issue if you enjoy at all doing cross stitch and Christmas. It just has the cutest, most fun holiday designs (although DH complains that there are not enough sled motifs and is considering sending a request to the magazine for more of those).

After receiving the magazine and going through it carefully, I let the boys choose their ornaments. This year, both Jazzboy and Gameboy picked the same ornament: "Let It Snow" by Country Cottage Needleworks (#6 on p. 13, if you have the magazine). They're in their Snowman Phase. I didn't mind doing it twice, but they didn't like that, so Jazzboy chose instead "Frosty Friends" by Mosey 'N Me (same page). DH has picked "Deck the Windows" by Julia Lucas Designs (p. 15). And I am leaning toward "Bluebird of Christmas Happiness" by M Designs (p. 13 again).

So the next step is to go through my stash and "kit" these up, or make a kit for each of them. That will have to wait till after Shepherd's Retreat.

Yes, I am off for 3 days in Park City of nothing but stitching, and I am so looking forward to it! If the hotel has Wi-Fi, I will blog from there; if not, then when I get back.

3 comments:

shiguy4076 said...

Have fun on your stitching weekend.
You have a lot of projects going.

Mel said...

Hey Stephanie,
Have fun at your retreat! It's always so much fun when friends get together!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie,
Have fun at your retreat! It's always so much fun when friends get together!
Melissa