Friday, September 12, 2008

Finished Part 5 of the Marquoir!

It seemed to take forever. Really, it doesn't take that long to finish a section, but I only have been working on it a little at a time. Well, it took at least 8 1/2 hours. I keep track of the time, but I lost the notebook that had part of my log.

I really like the way this section looks, probably better than any other section so far. The theme is music, which probably explains my affinity.

And here is the whole sampler, so far:

I've been working on my tatting as well. I do that in the car while waiting for the boys, so about 10 minutes a day. So that project looks essentially the same. You'd be surprised how little tatting you can get done in 10 minutes. And speaking of tatting, my sister (you can see what she's working on at Big Booty Knits) turned me on to a group on Ravelry called L.A.C.E. I've been reading all the posts and it's fascinating. I have so much to learn!

2 comments:

shiguy4076 said...

I love it. Love it love it.
I want to learn bobbin lace. It looks so amazing.

zelda said...

I have a kit for making bobbin lace,but I haven't pulled it out yet, much to my shame. I really need to. I'm trying to consider myself more of an apprentice fiber artist, to justify spending more time on my fiber arts :-).