Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The Fizzle

In my last post, I posted a picture of an ornament I had just started.  I hadn't done too much work on it then, and I haven't done too much work on it now.  Still, there was a little progress.



This is a fun little ornament from JCS 2016 Ornament Issue:  "You Peeked" by Fern Ridge Collections.  I've completed the cross-stitch and the backstitch, and gotten a good start on Scotch and reverse Scotch.  It took a little bit to get the counting down, but now it's a nice, relaxing--but not boring--project.  

Chevron stitch on the hat will be next, but I called this "The Fizzle" because that's the name of the yarn the beard is done in, and that beard is why I picked this project.  You'll see.  But the name reminds of "The Twizzle" from the first season of The Dick van Dyke Show.  Every time I stitch on this, that song gets stuck in my head.  If you, too, would like the song stuck in your head, here is a clip from the episode:



By the way, The Dick van Dyke Show is currently streaming on Netflix.

No comments: