Friday, January 28, 2011

Scarf Progress

Here's my progress since last night:


I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The yarn is perhaps a bit fuzzy for a newbie, but I'm being careful. Here is a close-up:


Looks pretty good. I did discover a mistake, which actually reminded me of the biggest mistake I made in it's last incarnation: I purled wrong-side rows when I ought to have knitted them. In the previous case, this was along the sides, creating a stockinette stitch, which rolls, instead of the necessary garter stitch. I'm glad I did figure that out, so I can do the main part of the scarf correctly. In this case, I'm a little ticked at myself, but I'm going to leave it. It's not ugly, or even noticeable, if you don't know, and it will be OK as long as I make both ends the same.

One other thing I did was to add one repeat to the rows, to make the scarf a bit wider. This caused to have to do actual math because the number of decreases changed.. But wait--I found this cool site that did the math for me. But I do need to learn to do the math someday.

Now I'm ready to start the body of the scarf.

1 comment:

shiguy4076 said...

Looks beautiful! You did a lot for one night! You're a fast knitter.