Thursday, April 15, 2010

What's up next?

I thought it would be fun to sort of surprise myself with my next project. Last time I counted, I had 32 projects in varying stages kitted up. I've added more since. And I can't remember them all. Now, to be fair, I have a vague idea of what is in the kits I've lined up to work on for the next little while. But I decided to just grab the next one and see what's in it.

To the left is the tote bag (you can never have too many tote bags!) So what is in it?



Hmmm, it looks like just-about-finished ornaments from 2008.

Here is the Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue that all of my ornament patterns come from.

And here are the three ornaments for DH, JazzBoy and GameBoy. Wait! Three? Why aren't there four? Where is mine? I don't know. Not only that, but DH's is from the previous year. I found his 2008 one inside the magazine a few minutes after taking this picture.

JazzBoy always picks a snowman. This is "Frosty Friends" by Mosey 'N Me.

This one has been laced and is ready to put together.

DH likes sleds, but JCS hasn't had any for the past few years, so he chose the architectural one on the right. It's "Deck the Windows" by Julia Lucas Designs. The one on the left is by the same designer from the previous year (obviously not finished), so it's a matched set. When I attached the wreath to the first one, I used the wrong type of glue and it's visible; it's the white spot on the wreath on the left. So I'm cutting it off and attaching a new one.

GameBoy also likes snowmen, although he doesn't always choose one. Apparently he did in 2008. He chose "Let it Snow" by Country Cottage Needleworks

This is foamcore (right) and cardboard (left). I use these for lacing--foamcore for the stitching and cardboard for the backing. But these pieces don't match any of the ornaments. So I have no idea whatsoever what they are doing in this kit. ???
And finally, threads and ribbons for finishing. The green threads are quilting threads I will use for lacing--I like quilting thread because it is strong. It doesn't have to match any part of the project; it won't be seen. The other two threads match the ribbons; they'll be used for attaching the ribbon to the project.

I never did figure out what project I picked for 2008. I can only hope it shows up in another tote bag.

Completely unrelated: I made so "No Knead Peasant Bread" today, from the Food Network Magazine May 2010 issue. It was really easy but took a long time: 24 hours in the fridge, 18 hours at room temperature, another 2 hours after shaping, and 45 minutes to bake. It's baked in a cast-iron dutch oven, which makes a *really* nice crust. Here it is:
And a close-up of the lovely crust:

And the insides:

Looks, yummy, huh? It is!

1 comment:

shiguy4076 said...

I love your ornaments. My favorite is gameboys.
That bread looks delicious and the crust looks beautiful. It sounds like it took a whole lot of time. I'm impressed you made home made bread. However I am not surprised as you are gifted that way.