Friday, December 12, 2008

Angel #2 Finished

Wow, I finally finished Angel #2. This time it only took me 34 1/2 hours.

Of course, this does not mean I Finished, which I hope to do this weekend.

At left is Jazzboy's ornament, also not Finished. As predicted, I did it it less than 36 hours--just under nine, to be exact.

Now I'm working on Gameboy's ornament, "Let It Snow" by Country Cottage Needleworks, also in the JCS Ornament Issue. It calls for DMC 469 (avocado), 869 (very dark hazelnut brown) and 3031 (very dark mocha brown); DMC E168 (silver); and Crescent Colors Deep Fennel and Snow. Surprisingly I had the fabric it calls for in my stash: 32-ct Belfast linen in Flax. Usually I have to substitute (or have a Stash-Enhancing experience!). That lump in the middle is a pearl earring. My super-scientific way to find the center of a fabric is to fold it in half both ways, pinch it to make temporary creases and stick a stud earring in at the intersection of the creases. I always start in the middle and work my way out.

I was able to work on it for about 2 hours last night and this is what I got done:
That's a scarf, two birds and the beginning of the border in CC Deep Fennel. When I'm done, I'll be on to Angel #3, which only has to be done by Christmas Eve. Angel #4 is for me, and I have a pile of unfinished Angels #4 from previous years. I'm hoping this year, for once and for all, to finish them and Finish them--they'll make quite a nice display.

No comments: