Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Getting Going Again

When I read over my previous posts the other day, I noticed a theme that came up over and over:  My favorite aspect of stitching is seeing the image "grow" out of the fabric.  I like seeing the blocks of color that make no sense at all, then finally resolve into an image.

The above is a Christmas ornament mounted on stretcher bars.  I left it just like that for a few days, just to admire the blankness of it.  Then I got to work:



Day 1 (what can it be?)

Day 2 (it's starting to make a little sense)

Day 3 (today) 
(you might know what it is, but then again, you might not)

Sometimes I think I should make a flip-book out of these pictures.

This is #5 of 8 ornaments that I did for this past Christmas.  I was finally feeling motivated, but also guilty for not stitching in so long, so I had DH and boys each pick out an ornament from 2015 and 2016.  This is JazzBoy's pick from 2015.  I've finished stitching 4 and I'm pretty proud of that.  

Ornament #6 is also mounted on stretcher bars, waiting to go.

#7 needs fabric and I just need to wait for a good time to get to Shepherd's Bush to buy some.  I actually ordered some online, but I couldn't find the exact fabric called for, so I tried to substitute.  It turns out platinum is not the same as gray.  So I'll need to see it in person.

#8 is more problematic.  It calls for specific threads--from Romy's Creations, I think--and I could only find one place to get them.  I duly ordered them in November but one of the threads is backordered so I still don't have them.  I've had a couple of pleasant email exchanges with the company, but they don't know when it will arrive, so at this point I'm just going to wait.  I guess if I don't have them by April or so, I'll just use some DMC equivalents.  But this is what happens when you wait too long to order supplies for JCS Ornament Issue projects.

I also actually finished TIAG angels this time, and they will make an appearance soon.



No comments: