Monday, August 23, 2010

What Now?

Well, I have finished the stitching on "What Can I Give Him?" Which leads to the question, "What now?" Now I have two totes of unFinished projects, and I haven't worked a bit on the first one since I last blogged it. Should I move on to a third, or should I do the finishing work like a good girl?

Back to WCIGH. Below is the front, which I previously blogged; nothing changed there:


And the back:


All I did there was to add initials and date (of last Christmas); I have too many projects to finish to try to figure out something fancy that would compete with the front anyway. And here is the band that will go around the side:


The quote is from a poem by Christina Rossetti.

So I have decided to move on to a new tote and project, and really make an effort to alternate it with the Finishing work. The tote bag:

I got this tote bag when I bought Franklin Habit's book "It Itches." I can be suckered into buying almost anything if a free tote bag is involved. You can never have too many tote bags. If you wanted to know what it says:


The contents:



From the right, clockwise: The instructions for my first pair of socks, a Lantern Moon needlecase, and self-striping yarn. I have been anticipating and dreading this project. I really want to learn to make socks, but the instructions look so complicated.


The yarn is Regia 6 fadig Color, which is 75% wool/25% polyamide. It won't felt. The colors are green and blue, which are my colors lately: The colors of a dragonfly, the colors of air and water.


My collection of double-pointed needles. The pattern calls for size 4. It turns out that I have two sets of size 5 and zero of size four. I have big feet; I will use the size 5 anyway, because it's more important that I get started than it is that I wear these.

1 comment:

shiguy4076 said...

make sure you check your gauge. I got your call and I think I know what's going on. I love your stitching and I like the yarn colors. I'm excited to see the finished product.