Monday, June 28, 2010

What's Next, Continued

Continuing from the previous post, here are 2009's Christmas ornaments. First, for GameBoy, "Christmas Stitching" by My Mark:

For JazzBoy, "Let It Snow" by Glory Bee:

For DH, "Winter Sampler" by Little House Needleworks:


For me, "What Can I Give Him?" by Forget-Me-Nots in Stitches:

Notice how my piece of fabric was nicely pressed and stored on a trousers' hanger. And finally, I picked a second ornament, "Penny Angel" by The Primitive Needle:


Looks pretty lonely. That was the only thread I could find, for some reason. I also think I was not able to find paillettes for the Forget-Me-Nots in Stitches project.

In any case, since I had already started GameBoy's, I decided to jump right in there. Immediately, I felt much more calm and relaxed than I have in weeks. I decided not to torture myself with Finishing. It does need to be done, and now I will alternate doing small Finishing steps with fun stitching.

I took these pictures Saturday afternoon; by Saturday evening I had finished GameBoy's:


Makes me wonder why I put it off. Today I started on DH's. I started at about 1:10 and stopped at about 3. And here's where I am.:

So I'm really, really hoping to have more regular posts, showing both stitching and Finishing progress. Really.

1 comment:

shiguy4076 said...

I like Dan's project. I can't believe you did Alex's so quickly. You are a stitching goddess.