Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Angels Finished, Finally!

I finally--finally!--finished the 2008 Christmas Angels (not counting my own) and got them sent out to their recipients. Sadly, I lost the photos that show the finishing steps, and I forgot to take a photo of the finished product. I'm hoping Lynda will help me out here. But I have photos of the finished stitchng and partially finished product.

(Above) the Angel, finished, still on stretcher bars.

A close-up of the face, which is over-one.

During finishing, while stitching front and back together.

A different background, front and back sewn together.

The three angels, together.

Each angel took between 34 and 38 hours to complete, stitching only. They are cross-stitched on linen, over-two, except the skin tones which are over-one, with beads and metallics for accents. I sewed the ribbon loop on while putting the front and back together, so when I discovered that the matching edging ribbon was too wide for the project, rather than change it (so I could sew the edging on), I used a clear Fabri-Tak sort of glue. I do not recommend this and will likely not do it again.

Next up, I also finished Dan's 2008 ornament while in Ohio, and when that arrives (I had some stuff shipped back, to avoid checking it), I'll blog that. Plus, knitting and quilting shows!

No comments: